Last year, around this time, Scott Blumstein took to Twitter before the World Series of Poker Main Event to sell some action.
— Scott Blumstein (@SBlum2711) June 21, 2017
A few of his friends bought in for $60. A month later, those investors collected $40,000 after Blumstein won the title.
It’s every poker player’s dream to play (and ultimately win) the Main Event. Chris Moneymaker‘s win of the prestigious event spurred many of today’s players to take up the game. For most poker players, the steep price tag to enter the Main Event is out of reach. And if you’re unable to find enough investors like Blumstein, there are still avenues to win your seat into poker’s most prestigious event at a fraction of the cost.
How to qualify for the WSOP Main Event on WSOP.com
|Day & Time||(Local)||Event||Buy-In||Guarantee|
|Sat., June 30||7:00 p.m.||25 Tickets GTD to the 25 Seat WSOP Main Event Scramble [R&A]||$30||$5,375|
|Sat., June 30||7:15 p.m.||2018 WSOP $10,000 Main Event Satellite [Re-entry]||$215||$10,000|
|Sun., July 1||1:00 p.m.||Last Chance Satellite to the 25 Seat Main Event Scramble [Super Turbo]||$10||$215|
|Sun., July 1||2:00 p.m.||Last Chance Satellite to the 25 Seat Main Event Scramble [Super Turbo, R&A]||$20||$215|
|Sun., July 1||3:00 p.m.||25 Seat Scramble||$215||$250,000|
|Sun., July 1||6:00 p.m.||Satellite to the 2018 WSOP $10,000 Main Event [Re-entry]||$200||$10,000|
|Mon., July 2||6:00 p.m.||Satellite to the 2018 WSOP $10,000 Main Event [Re-entry]||$200||$10,000|
|Tues., July 3||6:00 p.m.||Satellite to the 2018 WSOP $10,000 Main Event [Re-entry]||$200||$10,000|
How to qualify for the WSOP Main Event at the Rio
Last-minute No-Limit Hold’em Mega Satellites are running on July 2 and July 3:
- $575 Buy-In Mega Satellites at 10 a.m. and 4 p.m. (20 entries = $10K entry + 100 cash)
- $1,100 Buy-In Mega Satellites at 1 p.m. (10 entries = $10K entry + 100 cash)
- $2,175 Buy-In Mega Satellites at 8 p.m. (5 entries = $10K entry + 100 cash)
- 1,100 Buy-InTurbo No-Limit Hold’em Mega Satellites (10 entries = $10K entry + 100 cash) at 8 a.m.
The 2018 WSOP Main Event Starts Soon
The Main Event has three Day 1s with the first starting at 11:00 a.m. on July 2. The remaining Day 1s begin at the same time on July 3 and July 4.
The Main Event is the tournament poker players wait for each summer. For a poker professional, it is the one tournament that is not to be missed. Until this year, it has always been the closing event of the series.
In a surprise move, the WSOP added tournaments to the end of the schedule.
Specifically look for:
- $1,500 CLOSER with a $1,000,000 guaranteed prize pool (July 12)
- $50,000 HIGH ROLLER No-Limit Hold’em (July 13)
- $1,000,000 BIG ONE FOR ONE DROP (July 15)
Want to take your shot playing in what will likely be the most exclusive tournament field ever?
Satellites for the Big One for One Drop take place July 14:
- $10,300 Buy-in Mega Satellite at 12 p.m. for seats into 6 p.m. $100,500 Mega Satellite.
- $100,500 Buy-in Mega Satellite at 6 p.m. for seats into $1,000,000 Big One for One Drop.
There is plenty of play left at this year’s World Series of Poker. Don’t let your bankroll stop you from taking part in the action.
Take advantage of the remaining satellites. You might just fulfill a bucket list item by listening to the “Shuffle Up and Deal” as you take your seat in the 2018 WSOP Main Event.