Thanks to the emergence of real money online casinos, American gamblers have more options than ever these days. From slots to table games to video poker to traditional online poker, you now have thousands of games and dozens of casino platforms to choose from.
Setting up a new account, claiming your free no deposit bonus cash and getting started playing free or real money online casino games is simple, widely accessible and safe. On this page, we’ll show you how to do it.
Best online casinos US
Online casinos that accept US players
Players in New Jersey, Pennsylvania, Delaware, and West Virginia can all play some form of real money online casino games. Here’s a brief look at each state’s top online casino and bonus offers.
|Online Casino||No Deposit Offer||States Available||Bonus Code|
|Golden Nugget||Free $10||• New Jersey||PLAYBONUS|
|Virgin Casino||Free $30||• New Jersey||30BUCKS|
|DraftKings Casino||Free $35 NJ
Free $35 PA
Free $35 WV
|• New Jersey
• West Virginia
|No code required|
|BetMGM Casino||Free $25||• New Jersey
• West Virginia
|Tropicana Casino||Free $25||• New Jersey||PLAY25|
|Caesars Casino||Free $25||• New Jersey||PLAYFREE25|
|Unibet Casino||Free $10||• Pennsylvania||UBCASINO10|
|Hollywood Casino||Free $10||• Pennsylvania||WELCOME|
|Funzpoints Casino||$2.50 free||• US states (excl. WA)||No code required|
|Chumba Casino||2 Free Sweeps Coins||• All US states (excl. WA)||No code required|
|LuckyLand Slots||10 Free Sweeps Coins||• All US states (excl. WA)||No code required|
Some real money online casinos are better than others — from better software and graphics to better bonus deals and promotion. Software can make the difference and provide an easy-to-navigate environment when finding your favorite game.
In legal online casino states, online casinos must be produced by or partnered with an established and licensed retail casino in the state. That means you can expect:
- Excellent security
- Responsive customer service
- Safety of player funds
- Excellent bonuses, including for new players
Which US states offer legal online casinos?
As of July 2020 you can gamble at real money online casinos in four US states:
- New Jersey online casinos
- Pennsylvania online casinos
- Delaware (poker and casino)
- West Virginia online casinos
More states are in the process of legalizing online casino games alongside sports betting and real money online poker.
Some, including Michigan, have already approved online casinos (in 2018) but have yet to launch any new online casinos. Colorado and Montana have also passed legislation to license and regulate online casinos. Colorado went live in May 2020 with online sports betting. Well over a dozen other states have similarly legalized online sports betting.
Players in states without a current legal online casino option can also:
- Travel to a licensed state and play legal online casino games online.
- Play at a sweepstakes-based online casino (see below)
If you live in the West or a middle-of-the-country state like Oklahoma, Kansas, Arkansas or Mississippi, sweepstakes online casinos are a particularly good option as travel to a legal casino state is likely untenable.
New Jersey Online Casinos
New Jersey legalized online gaming in 2013. The state has a deep gaming history with major casino properties in Atlantic City.
If you already have a favorite AC casino, you’ll also find an online version of the casino. Here’s a look at some of the best and most popular real money online casinos in the state, all with excellent bonuses for new players:
Golden Nugget — This is one of the most popular online casinos in the state and has a wider variety of games than others. That includes a library of numerous slots.
- Golden Nugget No Deposit Offer: Free $10 on sign up
Tropicana Casino — This is the well-known property’s own online version and has been online since November 2013. It offers a comparable environment to the live casino and has exclusive gaming options.
- Tropicana Casino No Deposit Offer: $25 free on sign up
Virgin Casino — This UK-based gaming company partnered with Tropicana in NJ. Players can expect a proven online brand offering a lot of games, bonuses, and promotions.
- Virgin Casino No Deposit Offer: $30 free on sign up
Caesars — This site also launched in November 2013 and is one of the most trusted brands in gaming. The company not only offers a nice selection of games, but Caesars also offers online poker and sports betting.
- Caesars Casino No Deposit Offer: $25 free on sign up
BetMGM — Another proven company, this platform is from Roar Digital — a joint venture from MGM and GVC Holdings. The operator offers sports betting and online poker, as well.
- BetMGM Casino No Deposit Offer: $25 free on sign up
DraftKings Casino – A stalwart of the sportsbook and fantasy sports industry, DraftKings has integrated its new online casino seamlessly into its portfolio with a nice range of slots, table games and live dealers.
- DraftKings Casino No Deposit Offer: $35 free on sign up
Borgata Casino — The Borgata is one of the nicest live casinos in Atlantic City. The MGM property also offers a nice online gaming experience and launched in November 2013.
- Borgata Casino No Deposit Offer: $20 free on sign up
Unibet Casino — This casino and gaming platform is well known in Europe and new to the NJ and PA markets. The company offers nice bonuses and promotions for bettors to give it a shot.
- Unibet Casino No Deposit Offer: $10 free on sign up
888Casino — The company partners with Caesars to power the online software. Players can expect a large selection of slots and table games with nice bonuses.
- 888 Casino No Deposit Offer: $20 free on sign up
Betfair Casino —This European brand partnered with the Golden Nugget to offer NJ online gaming. The casino offers plenty of gaming options and also offers sports betting in the state with market leader FanDuel.
- Betfair Casino Deposit Offer: $200 risk-free bet
Party Casino – Partnered with the Borgata, Party Casino NJ is packed with progressive jackpots, classic slots and live dealer games, not to mention a quick connection over to partypoker for some great poker tournaments.
- Party Casino No Deposit Offer: $25 free on sign up
Bet365 Casino – Renowned international brand roars into NJ with a generous bonus – up to $100 in free credits – to entice new players on board. Impressive game selection, too.
- Bet365 Casino Deposit Offer: Up to $100 in free credits
Pennsylvania Online Casinos
Pennsylvania saw real money online casinos go live in 2019, and several have entered the market. The state has seen major growth in the industry since then. Here’s a look at some of the best for PA players:
FanDuel Casino PA — FanDuel has become a go-to brand for any DFS or sports betting aficionado and will do the same with its brand new online casino. It wisely partnered with slick UK gambling brand Betfair for its casino platform.
- FanDuel Casino PA Bonus Offer – Risk-free first 24 hours up to $200!
DraftKings Casino – Much like New Jersey, DraftKings has integrated its new online casino seamlessly into its burgeoning sportsbook in PA to deliver sports bettors and casino fans a wide selection of slots, blackjack, roulette and even live dealers.
- DraftKings Casino No Deposit Offer: $35 free on sign up
BetRivers — BetRivers online casino (formerly SugarHouse) is part of the Rush Street Interactive platform, which also runs online sportsbooks and casinos in New Jersey and Pennsylvania. Rush Street Gaming operates four live casinos in Pennsylvania, New York and Illinois, including three with the Rivers brand. The online casino offers some of the best bonuses and promotions in the market.
- BetRivers Deposit Offer: $250 bonus at 100% match
Unibet Casino PA— This European casino brand offers great bonuses and a wide selection of games. The platform is simple to use with a nice interface. In Pennsylvania, the operator partners with the Mohegan Sun Pocono.
- Unibet Casino No Deposit Offer: $10 free on sign up
Hollywood Casino — The Hollywood Casino was one of the first properties to move toward offering an online casino in the state. Players will find numerous gaming options, including a hefty collection of slots.
- Hollywood Casino No Deposit Offer: $10 free on sign up
PokerStars Casino – Already making waves in PA as the #1 poker site, the PokerStars casino is similarly picking up new players fast. Expect the same great software you’ve grown accustomed to on PokerStars.
- PokerStars Casino Bonus Offer – $30 free play bonus
West Virginia Online Casinos
DraftKings Casino – Much like it has in several US states, DraftKings leads the way in West Virginia as the first to open its online casino. It’s integrated seamlessly with its online sportsbooks so WV bettors have it easy.
- DraftKings Casino Bonus Offer – $35 free play bonus
BetMGM — Already a stalwart in New Jersey, BetMGM has expanded into West Virginia with the same great platform and game selection. Top-rated lineup of slots, live dealer games, table games and access to first-rate sportsbook.
- BetMGM Casino No Deposit Offer: $25 free on sign up
Delaware Online Casinos
While it may be small, Delaware was one of the first states to legalize online poker. The state offers online gaming in conjunction with its three racetracks:
- Dover Downs
- Harrington Raceway
- Delaware Park
There are limited options, however, with fewer slot games than NJ and PA. Table game fans will only find blackjack and roulette. Video poker fans will only find Jacks or Better.
These three properties also offer online poker. They all partner with 888poker, which shares liquidity with WSOP.com in New Jersey and Nevada.
Nevada Online Casinos
The home state of gambling meccas Las Vegas and Reno currently only offers online poker and not online casino games. WSOP.com is the only operator. It offers a shared liquidity market with Nevada and New Jersey as well as with 888poker in Delaware.
The WSOP.com Nevada poker site uses partner 888poker’s software and allows players to play for online bracelet events as part of the live WSOP each summer in Las Vegas. WSOP is a safe, proven brand and caters to players with:
- Cash games
- Sit and gos
- Multi-table tournaments
- Major tournament series
- WSOP Circuit and WSOP Las Vegas qualifiers
How to sign up for a casino account to play online
Signing up for a new real money account at an online casino is a straightforward process. Use any of USPoker.com’s exclusive links (see above) to get started and claim your bonus. Once you click the link, you’ll need to fill in some basic personal information to verify your identity. You can also then directly download the casino app from the casino website.
Expect to provide the following:
- Phone number
It’s a simple and safe process and only takes a few minutes. One thing to remember is that an account can be set up and funded from anywhere. If you live in a neighboring state (or elsewhere in the country), you can do all the account setup from home and then travel to Pennsylvania or New Jersey or Nevada to get online and play.
All online casino sites are regulated by state-operated gaming control boards and must follow strict regulations. That includes requirements for payer information and fund security.
Sites must also make use of geolocation software to make sure a player is in the legal jurisdiction of the legal state.
How to deposit at a real money casino site
When registering an account at many online casinos, you can take advantage of no deposit casino bonuses to get started. This is a small amount of real money (usually $10-$30) that will be deposited directly into your account for play at the online casino.
You won’t be able to withdraw that money, obviously, and it can be restricted to playing specific games (for example a few particular slot machines), but it does not require you to deposit any money for it to be credited to your account.
You can also earn some great deposit bonuses (free money the casino will match to the amount of your deposit) when you make your first deposit into your account.
No matter your preference — laptop, desktop or casino app — adding funds is a smooth process. Unlike with unregulated offshore sites, legal online casinos operate in a highly regulated environment.
Gamblers can expect traditional secure payment options to get started, including:
- Online banking (ACH transfers)
- PayNearMe (a cash option)
- Wire payments
- Casino-branded prepaid cards
- E-wallets such as Neteller
Some online casinos will offer you the option of depositing cash at partner casinos. Another option is using a property’s own bank card. You can deposit funds on the card and then use it to fund an account.
A casino’s card can also be used to make general purchases or withdraw funds. Other withdrawal options are also easy and you can get funds sent back to your bank account, PayPal or other deposit option. You can also receive a check for your winnings.
Customer service and support are high quality and professional if you have an issue and need a problem resolved. Options generally include:
- Help database and FAQs
- Live chat
- Customer support phone line
Free online casino bonuses
When you sign up at a new online casino using USPoker’s exclusive links, you’re eligible for both “free play” and no-deposit bonuses.
Free play offers a certain number of spins on a slot or play at a table game just for signing up or making that first deposit.
A no deposit online casino bonus is a form of free play. You don’t need to fund an account for the no-deposit bonus. Simply set up an account using one of the links given here and take each online casino for a test drive.
Once you’ve decided to fund an account, you qualify for an even bigger deposit bonus. This is released over a certain period of time as you play. This type of bonus is also called a match bonus, and some sites will match 100% of your deposit — anywhere from $500 to $1,000.
Play online casino games for real money
Here’s a look at what to expect at any standard legal online casino:
- Slots — This will make up a large portion of games at most online casinos. Progressive jackpots are also available. These are major jackpots linked between numerous games across a region. A fraction of each “coin in” helps build the jackpot.
- Blackjack — What’s one thing great about playing online? Players will often find better rules than live casinos. This doesn’t apply to every casino, but the rules could include: Blackjack payouts of 3 to 2 or even occasionally 2 to 1, Doubling down on three or more cards, Resplitting aces, Doubling down after splitting aces
- Roulette — The major benefit of roulette at an online casino is lower limits than found in most casinos. Some online operators even offer better odds. Different roulette games beyond traditional roulette can often be found, including: European and American wheels, Pinball roulette, Double ball, Multi-wheel
- Video Poker — You can definitely find much more favorable video poker games online than some you might find in Las Vegas.
- Craps — Ever been to Vegas on a Friday or Saturday night? The craps limits can balloon. Online that isn’t a problem — simply get those pass line bets and watch those dice bounce across the virtual table.
- Live dealer — You can also now play in live dealer games online in New Jersey and Pennsylvania. Bettors view a dealer in a live setting and make their wagers on screen. You’re not restricted to just your desktop computer, either — you can bring the live casino experience to your iPhone or Android phone with the casino app.
- Baccarat — A classic game offering great odds. It’s simple to learn, too, as you simply bet on the player, the banker or a tie. If you’re new to the game, you’ll find much less of a barrier to entry learning online. You can also find other versions not found in traditional casinos, such as: Chemin de Fer, Lucky Draw Baccarat, Baccarat Gold, Punto 2000 (also called Baccarat Super 6), Super Pan 9
- Casino poker — With casino-based poker games like Pai Gow and Ultimate Hold ’em, you challenge the dealer over other players.
Real money casino apps
iPhones, iPads and Android phones/tablets have become one of the most popular options for real money online casino games. It’s a simple process to download a casino app, and you’ll find easy-to-use functions, lobbies and features on most platforms.
Use the USPoker links in our reviews to download any of the casino apps and take advantage of the exclusive no-deposit and deposit bonuses. More on real money US poker apps here:
Sweepstakes online casinos
Another option beyond traditional online platforms is a sweepstakes online casino.
Chumba Casino and LuckyLand Slots offer a chance to play for fun but also to win real cash prizes. These operate much like a social game where you play for Gold Coins. Players start with a certain amount and then can purchase more.
When purchasing more you can also receive a certain amount of $weeps Coins. You can then use these to play in separate $weeps Coin games. Accumulated $weeps Coins can then be used to cash in for real cash prizes.
Both sites are owned and operated by VGW Holdings Limited, a publicly traded company incorporated in Australia. The Malta Gaming Authority licenses both sweepstakes casinos as well as the Global Poker platform, which uses a similar setup. All three platforms are available for players in:
- United States (excl. WA)
- Canada (excluding Quebec)
VGW sites offer safe and secure deposit options when purchasing $weeps Cash The licensure process also guarantees player funds, and the company follows strict protocols.
Advantages of playing at online casinos
Playing at an online casino comes with a few advantages over playing at a traditional local casino. Some of these include:
- Easier to learn the games — Many new players are a bit uneasy about playing a live game at a casino. Playing online offers a chance to cut through some of those fears about learning how to play. There are also free, demo versions of every casino game online so you can play to learn without risking any money.
- Very small stakes — You can log in to an online casino and play for very low stakes — or even for free. This helps you get comfortable with all of your bets and game options before you put any real money on the line.
- Easy, 24/7 access — Heading to the local casino may require a trip and hotel room. When playing for real money online, there is always a game available for any bankroll.
- No real table required — One of the great things about playing online is that you can play anywhere. You can pull out your laptop or phone and log in from anywhere within a state’s borders. There’s no need for a casino — simply an internet connection.
- No smoking, no noise — Online casino players don’t have ambient casino noise from clanging slot machines, slow cocktail service, a smoky environment, or a drunk playing next to them.
- New player casino bonus deals – If you’ve never signed up for an online casino before you’ll typically get a free no deposit bonus (up to $30) just for signing up plus a deposit match bonus.