If your 2017 is off to a slow start, PokerStars New Jersey has a tournament series with eight days of action and $275,000 in guarantees.
The Winter Poker Series runs for New Jersey online poker players from Jan. 22-29.
Buy-ins range from $50 to $1,000.
Main Event on Sunday, Jan. 29
The marquee event of the series is a $400 buy-in no-limit hold’em tournament on Sunday, Jan. 29 at 6 p.m. ET. The tournament will have a $75,000 guaranteed prize pool.
The guarantee is a bit smaller than the site’s last Main Event, which ran during the Carnival of Tournaments as part of the Christmas Festival on the site last month.
That tournament featured a $200 buy-in and a $100,000 guarantee. The tournament just managed to meet expectations with 519 entries and only the tiniest bit of overlay.
Rest of PokerStars Winter Poker Series schedule
Here is a look at the other events PokerStars NJ is offering up during the series:
- Jan. 22: 4 p.m. – $75 no-limit hold’em 6-max ($15,000 guarantee)
- Jan. 22: 6 p.m. – $200 Sunday Special SE ($65,000 guarantee)
- Jan. 23: 7 p.m. – $100 no-limit hold’em 4-max ($30,000 guarantee)
- Jan. 24: 7 p.m. – $1,000 High Roller no-limit hold’em ($30,000 guarantee)
- Jan. 25: 7 p.m. – $50 no-limit hold’em w/ rebuys ($10,000 guarantee)
- Jan. 26: 7 p.m. – $250 PLO ($20,000 guarantee)
- Jan. 27: 9 p.m. – $200 no-limit hold’em hyper turbo ($20,000 guarantee)
- Jan. 28: 7 p.m. – $150 no-limit hold’em w/ 1 rebuy and 1 add-on ($20,000 guarnatee)
- Jan. 29: 4 p.m. – $200 no-limit hold’em 6-max w/ progressive KOs ($20,000 guarantee)
- Jan. 29: 6 p.m. – $400 Main Event ($75,000 guarantee)
Series could boost NJ players’ monthly TLB rank
Thanks to so many guarantees and big events during this January festival, any player looking to make a run on the PokerStars NJ Monthly Tournament Leaderboard is going to want to find time to play in a few if not all of the events.
Each month the site tabulates players’ top 20 TLB point-earning scores to calculate the leaderboard standings. TLB points are determined based on buy-in, finishing position, and size of the field.
Any time a player finishes in the top 15 percent of an MTT, they earn TLB points.
The top 60 finishers on the Monthly Leaderboard earn a piece of $7,500 in prizes. A min cash in the ranks is worth $25 in tournament dollars. The winner for the month gets $1,500 added to his/her account to use for upcoming MTT buy-ins.
Excluding the High Roller, winning the TLB monthly contest can almost freeroll a player taking part in every tournament on the schedule.
The fields for these tournaments might be a little sparse too, as the series goes up against the very popular Borgata Winter Poker Open Series.
That series runs throughout the month with the televised World Poker Tour Main Event getting underway on the same day as the Winter Series Main Event.[i15-table tableid=20717][i15-table tableid=19346]