The four New York casinos authorized by voters in 2013 have started opening their doors one by one.
The proposals for three of the casinos, Tioga Downs, Rivers Schenectady and del Lago Resort & Casino, were approved by the state in 2015. By this time next week, all three will be open for business.
The fourth, Montreign Casino, was approved last September and is expected to open in early 2018.
del Lago beats Rivers to the punch
Last week, Rivers Schenectady announced it would open to the public on Feb. 8, which would have made the property the state’s second. (Tioga Downs opened in December.) But then del Lago Resort & Casino stepped in and stole a bit of its thunder this week.
A stroll across the del Lago casino floor
The casino portion of the $440 million del Lago Resort & Casino, which is located in the Finger Lakes area of the state, opened for business on Feb. 1.
The resort’s 205-room hotel, spa and some of its other amenities will come online in the summer.
The casino floor at del Lago is just shy of 100,000 square feet, making it the largest of the four new casino projects. Del Lago boasts 2,000 slot machines, 77 table games, and a 12-table poker room.
Here’s a side-by-side comparison of the three casinos:
|Casino Floor||Slots||Table Games||Poker Room|
|Tioga Downs||32,000 sq. ft.||1,000||33||12 tables|
|del Lago||94,000 sq. ft.||2,000||77||12 tables|
|Rivers Schenectady||50,000 sq. ft.||1,150||67||15 tables|
Not all of the property’s amenities are up and running just yet, but its website lists the following dining and entertainment options.
[i15-table tableid=20717][i15-table tableid=20704]
Restaurants and lounges
- Farmers Market Buffet – The finest locally sourced produce, fruits, dairy products, meats, and more play a starring role in this bountiful buffet. Customers can fill up on a wide variety of comfort foods served in a friendly atmosphere.
- Portico by Fabio Viviani – Bask in the warm glow of hospitality paired with exceptional cuisine. Premium steaks cooked to juicy perfection, the most succulent seafood and fresh pastas are the hallmarks at Portico by Fabio Viviani.
- Savor NY – Experience local fruits, cheeses, delicious baked goods, and more.
- Moe’s – Southwest fare that’s one of a kind.
- Smashburger – Made to order, crafted to be delicious.
- Ciccino’s – New York-style pizza, calzones, and more.
- The Sociale – Grab your favorite cup of coffee and unwind at The Sociale Cafe & Bar.
- The Vine – Experience the hottest entertainment, the coolest drinks, and a menu of fun food.
- Centrifico – Unique cocktails and 360-degree views of the floor make this one of the area’s hottest spots. Guests have the option of upping the ante to the Sociale and VIP Lounge for a first-class experience.
Spa del Lago
Slated to open in the summer, the Spa del Lago will feature 17 treatment rooms, a full salon and retail boutique.