Players jumping into those big Sunday tournaments on PokerStars in New Jersey now can seamlessly line up a little more action. The company announced on Thursday that its BetStars mobile app is now live in the state and that also includes more ease of use for poker players look to wager on a game.
The Stars Group also already offers online poker and casino play in New Jersey through PokerStarsNJ.com and PokerStarsCasinoNJ.com. One interesting feature from a poker standpoint is the ability of players to make sports wagers within the poker or casino clients.
A player battling it out on the virtual poker felt can now easily drop $50 on the Jets (-3) to cover against the Dolphins, or bet the under (43.5) on the Cowboys-Giants game. Or maybe that “can’t miss” parlay is looking pretty nice; the poker client now allows those bets to be made.
Through its proprietary technology and player account management platform, customers in New Jersey can operate on its three platforms with a single account, common wallet, and a seamless online betting experience among BetStars and its poker and casino products. This aspect include a single account balance and also makes dealing with support easier when it comes to the betting platforms.
The site also offers several online and mobile depositing and withdrawal methods. Players looking to wager while at the tables will have plenty of options including football, basketball, baseball, golf, hockey, soccer, tennis, and others. BetStars will also feature in-game betting and enhanced bonuses.
Along with offering poker and sports betting in New Jersey through its partnership with Resorts Casino Hotel, the site is looking for a similar launch in Pennsylvania. The state has already cleared the way for legal online gaming, including mobile sports betting, and wagering is expected to get underway by the end of the year.
Other states outside Nevada that have legalized sports wagering include:
- Delaware – Online poker and sports betting are now legal and underway
- Mississippi – Sports wagering is legal at casinos. Mobile wagering is expected to be considered by the state at a later date.
- Pennsylvania – Online poker and gambling, and sports wagering are expected to come online by the end of the year.
- Rhode Island – Sports betting has been approved by Gov. Gina Raimondo at only two locations in Lincoln and Tiverton, but only in-person wagering is allowed. These two properties are expected to launch sports betting this fall.
- West Virginia – Sports betting, including mobile, is now legal.
Several other states have introduced legislation allowing sports wagering, but nothing has been officially approved. A few that appear more likely include Kentucky, Michigan, Massachusetts, Oregon, and Ohio.
Bonanza of bonuses
For poker players (and sports wagerers), PokerStars and BetStars are offering several bonuses for those looking to get in on the action. That includes up to a $500 sign-up bonus for new BetStars players in New Jersey.
The site is also offering“odds boosts”, which multiply the odds and potential payouts, as well as free weekly $5 bets for those who wager at least $25 a week.
Another interesting promotion is the “100/1 Super Bowl Winner” offering. The site is offering minimum odds of 100/1 on any team (one bet) in the NFL to win the Super Bowl, including favorites like the Patriots, Packers, and Eagles. Maximum bets are $5 and even raised the odds the local favorite New York Jets. BetStars has them at 300/1, while they are getting around 80/1 at other books. The promotion is available until Sept. 30.
A few other sports betting promotions include:
- Saturday Super Boost – Each Saturday, BetStars will Super Boost the odds of a three-bet college football parlay.
- Sunday Super Boost – Every Sunday, the odds of a three-bet NFL parlay will get a Super Boost.
- Stars Stacks – Every Sunday, Monday and Thursday night, BetStars will boost odds on bets for a team’s star quarterback, running back, and wide receiver to all score a touchdown.
For poker players, there is a first deposit bonus of up to $600. Those making their first deposit of $20 or more can also earn $30 worth of free play – $20 as a cash bonus and $10 in tickets to play Spin & Go tournaments.