Disclaimer: GGPoker is not yet live in Pennsylvania. This review is speculative based on what we know so far and will be updated when the poker site launches in-state. If you are located outside the United States, you can play on GGPoker today.
American players may only recently have become familiar with GGPoker, but it has been a big name in the Asian and European markets since it launched in 2014. Very soon, players in Pennsylvania will have access to its full offerings of quality games. So if you want to be one of the first to try this new online poker room in the Keystone State, read on. You’ll also learn about how to take advantage of GGPoker’s welcome offer of a 100% deposit match (up to $600), or $100 in free rewards with a $20 deposit.
How can I play on GGPoker in the US?
If you are physically located in the state of Pennsylvania and 21 or older, you can play legal online poker with GGPoker. You can sign up for an account from anywhere in the country if you want to hone your skills with play money. But if you’re looking to gamble for real dollars, you’ll need to be within the borders of Pennsylvania.
GGPoker promo code
|Promo Code||None - Use Links|
|Offer||100% deposit match up to $600 or $100 in rewards money with a $20 deposit|
|Last Updated||May 2021|
GGPoker welcome bonus details
When you sign up for a new account at GGPoker, you will have two options to get something close to free money:
- Matched deposit bonus: The most straightforward and simple method is to take advantage of a 100% deposit match up to $600. Deposit $500? You receive another $500. The catch, as you might expect, is the playthrough requirement. You will unlock $5 in free money for every $20 you pay in tournament or rake fees. So in order to earn your full deposit bonus in our $500 example, you would need to pay $2,000 in fees. A little steep for a casual player, but frequent players will be able to grind out their full bonus within the allotted 90 day period.
- $100 in rewards money: Your other option when depositing on GGPoker is to opt for $100 in rewards money. You’ll need to make a minimum deposit of $20 to receive this offer. Once you do, you’ll get $40 in free “Spin & Gold” tickets that you can use to enter GGPoker’s proprietary sit and go-style tournaments. To receive the additional $60 in rewards, you’ll need to play on the network’s “all in or fold” games on each of the ensuing six days following the deposit, hitting a predetermined minimum number of hands each day.
GGPoker online poker review
GGPoker Quick Review
GGPoker is Asia's most popular online poker room. It is also growing in popularity around the globe, and offers plenty to keep poker players coming back for more. This includes large player pools, huge guarantee tournaments, and plenty of fun features and promotions. Despite some growing problems, we recommend giving GGPoker a try. You might even end up playing on the same table as some of the site's celebrated poker pros.
If you are someone who enjoys playing on desktop, you can snag the GGPoker app and start playing in minutes. Both Windows and Mac operating systems are supported.
- Head over the GGPoker homepage. In the top left (right under the GGPoker logo), you will see a gray box that says “Download.” Click that.
- You’ll arrive at the main download page where you will see a big “Download now” button right in the center. Click that one.
- Clicking that second download button will begin the download and installation of the software on your Mac or PC.
- Once the installation is complete, just log in to your account, and you’re all set to go.
Downloading the GGPoker app
GGPoker also offers a fantastic app if you prefer to play on a phone or tablet. The app is available on iOS and Android devices.
- Navigate to the GGPoker homepage on your device.
- In the top left of the page, click the main menu bar, which looks like three solid lines
- Within this menu you will see a red “Download now” link. Click that.
- On the next screen, click the “Download” button in the center of the page.
- Follow the prompts from there to continue to install the app as you would any other.
- Now that the app is installed on your device, all you have to do is log in or create your account, and you’re ready to hit the felt.
GGPoker app: Gameplay
No one can accuse the GGPoker app of lacking flash. With an onslaught of bright colors and eye catching graphics, there’s certainly a lot to look at when you first launch the software. Does this translate into solid gameplay, though? Actually, the answer is yes. Underneath a slick and promotion-heavy exterior are actually the bones of a quality poker app.
The games are well-organized, and it is easy to find the table of your choosing. The simple (yet informational) graphical interface lends itself well to multi-tabling, and it is easy to perform all the basic functions such as straddling. One drawback to the software is that it does not permit interactions with any third-party programs, so if you are the type who likes to track and analyze every hand, you may want to look elsewhere for your serious poker needs.
GGPoker cash games and tournaments
When it comes time to play some poker, GGPoker has some options, both in cash games and tournaments.
Like most other online poker sites operating today, GGPoker is focused on providing quality Hold’em and Omaha action. In this case, those are the only two choices currently available for ring games. That said, the action runs 24/7, and you’ll most likely always be able to find a table right when you are ready to sit down and play.
Blinds for Hold’em run from $0.01/$0.02 up to $5/$10. For Omaha players, the blinds range from $0.01/$0.02 to $10/$20. There is even a fast-fold variant of cash poker if you are looking for some fast-paced action. Look under the “Rush & Cash” header to explore further.
Tournaments are one of the areas where GGPoker stands out from the competition. The sheer number and variety of available tournaments means that you’ll likely never get bored when playing on the site. Here is a brief rundown of just a few of GGPoker’s offerings:
- Sit and go: Round-the-clock single-table tournaments.
- Spin & Gold: Rapid, three-player sit and go’s with randomly determined prize amounts.
- Daily multi-table tournaments: Tournaments happening every single day, with a staggering number of varieties and buy-ins.
- Beat the Pros: A $210 bounty tournament taking place every Saturday. Knock out one of the designated “pros,” and you get a buy-in for a $5,000 freeroll tourney.
- Omaholic: Omaha tourneys starting every hour, 24 hours a day. Buy-ins start at just $1.
The above are just a few of the many, many tournament options that GGPoker hosts. Head over to the main site to see the complete list.
GGPoker banking options
GGPoker supports a good number of deposit and withdrawal options for your banking convenience. While your choices may vary depending on your location, most players will be able to use major credit cards and e-wallets to transfer funds into and out of their GGPoker account. GGPoker will not charge a fee for withdrawals, but your bank may levy a charge, depending on the payment method. Standard 24- to 72-hour waiting periods may apply when trying to withdraw your funds, but overall the process is smooth and uncomplicated.
There is never a shortage of wacky and fun promotions when playing at GGPoker. In addition to its welcome bonus and player rewards program, you will find year-round promos that will keep you coming back. Here are a few examples of what you might find at any given time while playing at GGPoker:
- Fish Buffet: A loyalty promotion that rewards frequent players with cash back.
- Monthly cash giveaways: Millions of dollars are up for grabs each month, just for playing your favorite tourneys or cash games. Get rewarded for leaderboard placement and other achievements.
- Saturday sessions: A beefed up slate of promos and tournaments running every Saturday.
- Jackpots: Win a percentage of a progressive jackpot pool by getting premium hands such as a royal flush, straight flush or four of a kind.
GGPoker player rewards
GGPoker has two rewards programs that you can toggle back and forth between. Both programs are good, and can be lucrative if you play enough.
- Fish Buffet: The Fish Buffet program gives you direct cash back as you progress through the various levels (and as you spend more money in rake and tournament fees). Graduate from Plankton all the way up to Black Shark for the biggest rewards. Note that you’ll need to complete the playthrough requirements in a certain amount of time; otherwise you risk losing your level progress.
- Black Rank: If you prefer less stress and fewer time constraints, GGPoker also offers a rewards program called “Black Rank.” This gives you cash back weekly for playing, albeit at a lower rate than you may see at the higher tiers of the Fish Buffet. The main advantage is that you have up to a year to collect the necessary points and advance through the four tiers of the program.
GGPoker customer service
Given that GGPoker is primarily an Asian- and European-based operator, US players may find it a little difficult to contact someone when in need. At this time, there is no 24-hour help option such as a hotline or live chat. Right now the options are as follows:
- General support email: [email protected]
- Cashier support email: [email protected]
- Help section: GGPoker has a surprisingly robust help and FAQ section on its website, which may assist in resolving your issue without speaking directly to a representative.
Is GGPoker safe?
Like all other online poker operators in the United States, GGPoker is subject to all of the applicable security restrictions and reviews that apply. The industry is heavily regulated, and you can feel secure when gambling on the site. In addition, GGPoker takes its security particularly seriously, not permitting any third-party software that someone may use to gain an unfair advantage over other players at the table. Lastly, it works with an independent testing laboratory (BMM) to certify that its cards are randomly generated and that the algorithm it is using is of the maximum integrity.
GGNetwork (or “Good Game Network”) launched in 2014 with an emphasis on the Chinese and Southeast Asian markets. After seeing success, it expanded to certain European and Canadian markets in 2016 and 2017. Recent legislation allowed for its expansion into the online poker marketing in Pennsylvania in 2021, and it became one of the first online poker providers to stake a claim in the Keystone State.