Party Poker Online Casino
Get $25 FREE when you sign up today with code MAXBONUS
100% Deposit Bonus up to $1,000
$25 FREE + $1,000 BONUS
$25 using MAXBONUS
PartyPoker was once the largest online poker room, but that swiftly changed when it left the US market following the UIGEA of 2006.
However, the brand is still strong in the US and parent company GVC hopes to capitalize on it.
PartyPoker is currently partnered with the Borgata to deliver legal NJ online poker. Borgata Poker and PartyPoker share online poker liquidity and both sites are powered by the same renowned platform that Party uses internationally.
PartyPoker’s New Jersey site launched on November 21, 2013, and quickly became the largest New Jersey poker site. It would retain the industry’s top spot until PokerStars entered the picture in March 2016.
These days, PartyPoker/Borgata is the least trafficked network — out of three — in New Jersey. That being said, a variety of cash games, sit & go’s and tournaments still get off around the clock, and traffic is still very healthy during prime time hours. During the seasonal uptick that sets in during the early winter and ends in spring, PartyPoker averages 75 – 85 cash game players. Throughout the rest of the year that number is slightly lower, ranging anywhere from 60 – 75.
The site’s largest regularly running tournament is a $40,000 guarantee that runs once a week on Sundays.
Interestingly, both Borgata and PartyPoker have changed ownership since launching in New Jersey. Borgata was a partnership between Boyd Gaming and MGM Resorts, but in August 2016, MGM purchased Boyd Gaming’s share in the Borgata to become its sole owner.
Likewise, bwin.party was acquired by GVC Holdings in early 2016. There was speculation that Borgata would not stay the course with GVC once it took over, but those rumors were put to rest when GVC was approved for a transactional waiver from the NJ DGE.
PartyPoker NJ bonus code
|Party Poker NJ Bonus Code||MAXBONUS|
|Bonus description||$25 free, 100%, up to $1,000|
|Launch date||November 21, 2013|
|Available to||Adults 21 and older, located in New Jersey|
|Last verified:||Feb. 1, 2019|
Players are offered $25 in free money once they successfully create an account using bonus code MAXBONUS. The funds are broken down as follows:
- Poker cash in the amount of $10
- $5 free for use in the site’s tournaments
- $10 free for use in the casino
The $10 poker bonus can be withdrawn once a player plays just a single raked hand on the site, while and winnings from tournament ticket entries are awarded as cash.
As for the casino portion of the bonus, it is subject on a one time playthrough requirement.
Players must meet these requirements within 90 days of issuance, otherwise the bonus is forfeited.
First time, reload, and spot bonuses
Presently, PartyPoker NJ does not offer a first-time deposit bonus, but that could change any time. Stay tuned for updates.
The operator is also known to offer the occasional reload bonus, and loyal players will often receive spot bonuses.
PartyPoker online casino review
PartyPoker NJ Quick Review
Traffic - 82
Depth of Game Selection - 87
Software - 85
Customer Support - 75
Promotional Value - 90
PartyPoker NJ hasn't exactly had the smoothest ride since launching in New Jersey. There's been more than one server meltdown, customer service is hit or miss, and the software comes off as buggy. What Party does offer is incredible value both via its recurrent promotions and tournament overlays. Not to mention, the site's no-deposit bonus is among the NJ online poker industry's best.
Software and mobile apps
PartyPoker offers a PC, Mac and no download (casino only) platform.
PartyPoker NJ mobile is also available as Android and iPhone/iPad apps.
PartyPoker NJ game selection
- No Limit Texas Hold’em
- Fixed Limit Texas Hold’em
- Pot Limit Omaha
- Seven Card Stud
But in reality only NLHE and PLO games run with any frequency.
Sit and gos
NLHE games rule this lobby. PLO games are offered but generally only run at the lower stakes.
The overwhelming majority of the site’s MTT games are No Limit Texas Hold’em, although there is some Pot Limit Omaha and (occasionally) 7 Stud sprinkled in.
Banking at PartyPoker NJ
PartyPoker accepts cash deposits at the Borgata casino cage.
Visa, MasterCard, NETELLER and Skrill are also accepted, as well as these highly recommended methods:
- Instant eChecks: Immediate approvals
- Online banking transfer: Solid option for when Instant eCheck transactions fail
- PartyPoker Prepaid Card: Can be used wherever Discover is accepted and for ATM transactions
- PayWithCash: Deposit funds at any participating 7-Eleven for immediate use on site.
PartyPoker players may withdraw by cash at the Borgata casino cage and by Skrill.
Checks are also available. So are prepaid card, NETELLER, and instant echeck withdrawals, but typically these methods must first be used for deposits.
PartyPoker offers a VIP program that returns 6.7 percent up to 30.7 percent rakeback, based on a player’s monthly loyalty tier. Those tiers are as follows:
- Bronze: Up to 6.7 percent rakeback
- Silver: Up to 15.4 percent rakeback, 50 monthly points required
- Gold: Up to 20.5 percent rakeback, 750 monthly points required
- Palladium: Up to 30.7 percent rakeback, 2,000 monthly points required
Players earn points by paying rake and tournament fees, at a rate of two points per $1 paid.
Worth noting is that players receive a higher return when exchanging points for tournament tickets than for a bonus.
Reaching PartyPoker’s highest VIP level isn’t nearly as difficult as it is on other NJ online poker sites, but the rewards are just as good. Players that hit the Palladium tier will receive up to 30.7 percent of their paid rake and entry fees back.
In addition to a robust FAQ PartyPoker NJ offers the following support options:
- Live chat: Available 24/7, wait and response times vary.
- Email: This is also available 24/7, but expect to wait up to a couple of days for a response.
- Phone: Probably the best way to receive a direct answer. However, calls are often escalated to management. Available 24/7.
Security and fairness
PartyPoker NJ is a legal NJ online poker site, and as such players enjoy all the benefits or regulation. These include, but aren’t limited to:
- Account safeguarding: Players must pass a stringent verification check upon registering, which is designed with player security in mind.
- Fund segregation: All player deposits must be held in separate accounts than operating accounts.
- Game fairness: All games are lab tested in order to ensure complete fairness.
- Responsible gaming: PartyPoker NJ is required to offer a bevy of responsible gaming tools, including spend and deposit limits, as well as more severe account restrictions such as self-exclusion.
PartyPoker NJ updates February 2019
There’s still time to get in on the $15 million guaranteed KO Series Tournament. The aggressive format tourney runs through February 17th, and has $15 million in guarantees. This tournament has a progressive knockout system, where each player has a bounty. The longer you play and the more opponents you take out, the more money you make and the bigger the bounty on your own head. You don’t have to be a top-place finisher to take home some cash. For the full schedule, check here.
February will bring another Special Edition Power Series tournament to PartyPoker. The Power Series is a super-sized event with increases in the guarantee, offering the chance for a big payday. Since the tournament started, guarantees have ranged from $100k to $200k, with the average first-place win coming in around $17,000.
Frequently asked questions about PartyPoker NJ online casino
Who can play at PartyPoker?
New Jersey players do not have access to PartyPoker’s international player pool; the site is only open to players that are located within New Jersey at the time of play.
What sets PartyPoker NJ apart from its competitors?
At least twice a year, PartyPoker hosts the Garden State Super Series, a tournament extravaganza that generally features dozens of events and a six-to-seven figure series guarantee. Individual GSSS event guarantees can run as high as $100,000 or more.
On the recurring tournament side, there is the Mega Tuesday — a rare midweek high stakes tournament ($535 buy-in) that features a mammoth $15,000 guaranteed prize pool.
Party is also somewhat known for its higher stakes heads-up games. The No Limit Hold’em version of this format often sees action as high as $5/$10.
It’s also not uncommon to find $10/$20 NLHE 6-max games running at night. But if those stakes are too rich for your blood, fear not, as the site spreads a variety of games where the big blind is $0.50 or less.
Who should play at PartyPoker NJ?
The beauty of online poker sites is that they generally cater to players of all bankrolls and game preferences, and PartyPoker is little different.
Granted, the site’s low liquidity does place some limitations. For instance, sit & gos do not get off on an around-the-clock basis, at least not anymore.
Furthermore, players looking for $1 million tournament guarantees will probably come away disappointed.
But what’s nice is that the site’s tournaments are frequently hit with overlays, so the value hunting player will definitely take to Party. Also those who would rather spend two and not 12 hours navigating the tournament waters may enjoy Party’s smaller MTT fields.
On the cash game side, the site is best suited to players who preference hold’em, although PLO players should find enough to keep them content.
What are the cash game stakes?
PartyPoker hosts an eclectic blend of cash game stakes, ranging from $0.01/$0.02 to $10/$20 and maybe (?) $25/$50. We do wish that more full ring games and alternate format games were available, but considering the size of the site, that would probably be asking too much.
Does PartyPoker NJ offer tournament overlays?
The site’s tournament events, especially those that are part of a one-off series, are subject to frequent overlays. This is great for players seeking good bang for the buck, although the site has been scaling back on its guarantees of late, so the opportunities have become less fruitful.
Any areas where PartyPoker NJ can improve?
- Stability: PartyPoker players report high incidences of server disconnects, especially when a big event is running — like the Garden State Super Series. As a result, the operator often finds itself scrambling to provide adequate payout solutions to problems that should have never happened in the first place. Over three years post-launch, we expect better from NJ online poker software.
- Traffic: Party/Borgata features the lowest cash game traffic of any NJ poker site, and not by a small margin. There are times when the state’s other networks boast double the volume. The gap is much smaller on the tournament side at least.
- Innovation: It would be nice if Party made more of an attempt to introduce new poker formats into its offering. Give the site credit for mixing up its tournament schedule, but considering how many poker formats are offered on the international site, it’s surprising that at least a few more variants weren’t ported over to the NJ software.