Party Poker Online Casino
Get $25 FREE when you sign up today!
100% Deposit Bonus up to $1,000
$25 FREE + $1,000 BONUS
$25 using MAXBONUS
PartyPoker was once the largest online poker room, but that swiftly changed when it left the US market following the Unlawful Internet Gambling Enforcement Act of 2006.
However, the brand is still strong in the US and parent company GVC hopes to capitalize on it.
PartyPoker is currently partnered with the Borgata to deliver legal NJ online poker. Borgata Poker and PartyPoker share online poker liquidity. Both sites are powered by the same renowned platform that PartyPoker uses internationally.
PartyPoker’s New Jersey site launched on Nov. 21, 2013, and quickly became the largest New Jersey poker site. It would retain the industry’s top spot until PokerStars entered the picture in March 2016.
These days, PartyPoker/Borgata is the least trafficked network — out of three — in New Jersey. With that, a variety of cash games, Sit ‘n Go (SNG) tournaments still get off around the clock, and traffic remains healthy during prime-time hours.
During the seasonal uptick that sets in during the early winter and ends in spring, PartyPoker averages 75-85 cash-game players. Throughout the rest of the year, that number is slightly lower, ranging anywhere from 60-75 players.
The site’s largest regularly running tournament is a $40,000 guarantee that runs once a week on Sundays.
Interestingly, both Borgata and PartyPoker have changed ownership since launching in New Jersey. Borgata was a partnership between Boyd Gaming and MGM Resorts, but in August 2016, MGM purchased Boyd Gaming’s share in the Borgata to become its sole owner.
Likewise, bwin.party was acquired by GVC Holdings in early 2016. There was speculation that Borgata would not stay the course with GVC once it took over, but those rumors were put to rest when GVC was approved for a transactional waiver from the New Jersey Division of Gaming Enforcement.
PartyPoker NJ new account bonus summary
|Bonus description||$25 free, 100% match of up to $1,000|
|Launch date||Nov. 21, 2013|
|Available to||Players who are at least 21 years old and within the state of New Jersey|
|Last verified||May 1, 2019|
Players are offered $25 in free money once they successfully create an account.
The funds are broken down as follows:
- $10 in poker cash
- $5 free for use in the site’s tournaments
- $10 free for use in the casino
The $10 poker bonus can be withdrawn once a player plays a single raked hand on the site, while winnings from tournament ticket entries are awarded as cash.
As for the casino portion of the bonus, it is subject on a one-time playthrough requirement.
Players must meet these requirements within 90 days of issuance or the bonus is forfeited.
First-time, reload and spot bonuses
PartyPoker NJ offers a generous first-time deposit bonus. The site will match 100% of a player’s first deposit up to $1,000. There’s no promo code or anything — just sign up and deposit, and the bonus will begin trickling into your account.
The operator is also known to offer the occasional reload bonus, and loyal players will often receive spot bonuses.
PartyPoker online casino review
PartyPoker NJ Quick Review
Traffic - 82
Depth of Game Selection - 87
Software - 85
Customer Support - 75
Promotional Value - 90
PartyPoker NJ hasn't exactly had the smoothest ride since launching in New Jersey. There's been more than one server meltdown, customer service is hit or miss, and the software comes off as buggy. What Party does offer is incredible value both via its recurrent promotions and tournament overlays. Not to mention, the site's no-deposit bonus is among the NJ online poker industry's best.
Software and mobile apps
PartyPoker offers a PC, Mac and no download (casino-only) platform.
PartyPoker NJ mobile is also available as Android and iPhone/iPad apps.
PartyPoker NJ game selection
- No Limit Texas Hold ’em
- Fixed Limit Texas Hold ’em
- Pot Limit Omaha
- Seven Card Stud
But in reality, only No Limit Hold ’em and Pot Limit Omaha games run with any frequency.
No Limit Hold ’em games rule this lobby. Pot Limit Omaha games are available but generally only run at the lower stakes.
The overwhelming majority of the site’s multi-table tournaments (MTTs) games are No Limit Texas Hold ’em, although there is some Pot Limit Omaha and (occasionally) Seven Card Stud sprinkled in.
Banking at PartyPoker NJ
PartyPoker accepts cash deposits at the Borgata casino cage.
Visa, Mastercard, Neteller and Skrill are also accepted, as well as these highly recommended methods:
- Instant e-checks: Immediate approvals
- Online banking transfer: This is a solid option for when instant e-check transactions fail
- PartyPoker prepaid card: Can be used wherever Discover is accepted and for ATM transactions
- PayNearMe: Deposit funds at any participating 7-Eleven for immediate on-site use.
PartyPoker players may withdraw by cash at the Borgata casino cage and by Skrill.
Checks are also available. So are prepaid cards, Neteller and immediate e-check withdrawals, but typically these methods must first be used for deposits.
PartyPoker offers a VIP program that returns 6.7% up to 30.7% rakeback, based on a player’s monthly loyalty tier. Those tiers are as follows:
- Bronze: Up to 6.7% rakeback
- Silver: Up to 15.4%rakeback, 50 monthly points required
- Gold: Up to 20.5% rakeback, 750 monthly points required
- Palladium: Up to 30.7% rakeback, 2,000 monthly points needed
Players earn points by paying rake and tournament fees, at a rate of two points per $1 spent.
Worth noting is that players receive a higher return when exchanging points for tournament tickets than for a bonus.
Reaching PartyPoker’s highest VIP level isn’t nearly as difficult as it is on other NJ online poker sites, but the rewards are just as good. Players that hit the Palladium tier will receive up to 30.7% of their paid rake and entry fees back.
In addition to a robust FAQ, PartyPoker NJ offers the following support options:
- Live chat: Available 24/7; wait and response times vary.
- Email: This is also available 24/7, but expect to wait up to a couple of days for a response.
- Phone: This is the best way to receive a direct answer. However, calls often escalate to management. Available 24/7.
Security and fairness
PartyPoker NJ is a legal NJ online poker site, and as such players enjoy all the benefits or regulation. These include, but aren’t limited to:
- Account safeguarding: Players must pass a stringent verification check upon registering, which is designed with player security in mind.
- Fund segregation: All player deposits must be held in separate accounts than operating accounts.
- Game fairness: All games are lab tested in order to ensure complete fairness.
- Responsible gaming: PartyPoker NJ is required to offer a bevy of responsible gaming tools, including spend and deposit limits, as well as more severe account restrictions such as self-exclusion.
PartyPoker NJ updates — June 2019
PartyPoker LIVE, Borgata Poker and Aria (Las Vegas) are joining forces to offer online satellites into the $5 Million GTD partypoker Millions (June 28th – July 2nd). Packages are worth $12,000, which includes your land-based entry and $1,700 deposited into your Borgata online account
PartyPoker is yet again holding an online Monster Series, this time worth $2.5 million. Running from June 2nd through June 9th, you’ll find 108 different events, including 4 championship events being held on the last day. There are 3 buy-in categories—low, medium, and high—with buy-ins ranging from $1.10 to $55.
Frequently asked questions about PartyPoker NJ online casino
Who can play at PartyPoker?
New Jersey players do not have access to PartyPoker’s international player pool; the site is only open to players who are within New Jersey at the time of play.
What sets PartyPoker NJ apart from its competitors?
At least twice a year, PartyPoker hosts the Garden State Super Series (GSSS), a tournament extravaganza that generally features dozens of events and a six-to-seven figure series guarantee. Individual GSSS event guarantees can run as high as $100,000 or more.
On the recurring tournament side, there is the Mega Tuesday, which a rare midweek high stakes tournament ($535 buy-in) that features a large $15,000 guaranteed prize pool.
Party is also somewhat known for its higher stakes heads-up games. The No Limit Hold ’em version of this format often sees action as high as $5/$10.
It’s also not uncommon to find $10/$20 NLHE 6-max games running at night. But if those stakes are too rich for your blood, fear not, as the site spreads a variety of games where the big blind is $0.50 or less.
Who should play at PartyPoker NJ?
The beauty of online poker sites is that they generally cater to players of all bankrolls and game preferences, and PartyPoker is a little different.
Granted, the site’s low liquidity does place some limitations. For instance, SNGs do not get off on an around-the-clock basis, at least not anymore.
Furthermore, players looking for $1 million tournament guarantees will probably come away disappointed.
But what’s nice is that the site’s tournaments are frequently hit with overlays, so the value hunting player will take to PartyPoker. Also, those who would rather spend two — and not 12 hours — navigating the tournament waters may enjoy Party’s smaller MTT fields.
On the cash game side, the site is best suited to players who preference hold ’em, although PLO players should find enough to keep them content.
What are the cash game stakes?
PartyPoker hosts an eclectic blend of cash game stakes, ranging from 1 cent/2 cents to $10/$20 and maybe $25/$50. We do wish that more full ring games and alternate format games were available, but considering the size of the site, that would probably be asking too much.
Does PartyPoker NJ offer tournament overlays?
The site’s tournament events, especially those that are part of a one-off series, are subject to frequent overlays. This is great for players seeking good bang for the buck, although the site has been scaling back on its guarantees of late, so the opportunities have become less fruitful.
Any areas where PartyPoker NJ can improve?
- Stability: PartyPoker players report high incidences of server disconnects, especially when a big event is running — like the Garden State Super Series. As a result, the operator often finds itself scrambling to provide adequate payout solutions to problems that should have never happened in the first place. Over three years of post-launch, we expect better from NJ online poker software.
- Traffic: Party/Borgata features the lowest cash game traffic of any NJ poker site, and not by a small margin. There are times when the state’s other networks boast double the volume. The gap is much smaller on the tournament side at least.
- Innovation: It would be nice if PartyPoker made more of an attempt to introduce new poker formats into its offering. Give the site credit for mixing up its tournament schedule, but considering how many poker formats are offered on the international site, it’s surprising that at least a few more variants weren’t ported over to the NJ software.