The 2021 World Series of Poker $10,000 Main Event kicks off Nov. 4 at the Rio in Las Vegas. For some players this may be out of reach, but WSOP.com is offering satellites for a chance to get in the action.
“I would love to win a seat to the Main Event,” says Jason Sabol, a poker player from Delran, New Jersey. “It has always been one of my goals to play in the WSOP and try to make it onto TV.”
The Main Event has become the biggest tournament in the game and here’s a guide looking at how to qualify online.
WSOP Main Event details
For players that win a Main Event seat online, they can choose one of the five starting flights to play. Registration is open until Nov. 10.
WSOP organizers recently announced two additional starting flights. This was due to recent announcements of more international travel allowed into the US. Here’s a look at the starting flights for the Main Event:
- 1A – Nov. 4
- 1B – Nov. 5
- 1C – Nov. 6
- 1D – Nov. 7
- 1E – Nov. 8
- 1F – Nov. 9
Qualifying options for New Jersey, Nevada players
In the US, WSOP.com is giving away seats each day online at 6:30 pm (ET). Players can get in the satellite action for $215 and win a seat to the Main Event.
WSOP.com offers shared liquidity with Nevada and New Jersey. The two states also offer two 25-seat scrambles for the Main Event.
These $215 scrambles are set for the following dates:
- Oct. 31 – 7:30 pm (ET)
- Nov. 2 – 8:30 pm (ET)
According to WSOP.com, winning players can claim their Main Event buy-in in any starting flight. To claim buy-in chips, players must have a valid government-issued photo ID, proof of full COVID-19 vaccination, and a Caesars Rewards card.
Any buy-in chips unclaimed by the end of late registration on the last day open for registration will be forfeited.
Throughout the series, WSOP.com offers other qualifying opportunities for numerous other tournaments as well.
WSOP Main Event opportunities for Pennsylvania players
The WSOP.com launched in July in Pennsylvania. The site currently doesn’t share liquidity with New Jersey or Nevada.
However, the site is offering a weekly chance to get into the Main Event. Players located in PA have a chance each Saturday at 5:30 pm to win a $10,000 Main Event seat.
The WSOP.com PA satellites come with a $215 buy-in and the events guarantee one seat each week.
WSOP.com NJ Player Appreciation Week
In other WSOP.com news, it’s Player Appreciation Week for players in New Jersey. The site has plenty of promotions planned throughout the week. That includes opportunities to land a shot at an online bracelet event for free.
A Main Event seat will also be on the line and Player Appreciation Week runs through Oct. 31. To show appreciation for player loyalty, the site has added over $75,000 in prizes throughout the week. Some of the week’s promotions include:
- 100% rakeback on all cash games. Players simply must opt in to participate.
- $55 Player Appreciation Tournaments with $55,555 guaranteed and $5,555 in added cash prizes.
- 35-seat freeroll to the $1,000 Mini Main Event online bracelet tournament set for Nov. 21.
- BLAST to the Main Event – Anyone hitting a 10,000X jackpot multiplier on any $5 or $15 BLAST game from Oct. 25-31 earns a $10,000 Main Event seat.
- Multi-Table Madness – Players are rewarded for sharing a photo or video of themselves four-tabling on WSOP.com. These players earn an entry into a five-seat freeroll on Nov. 17 to the $1,000 Mini Main Event. To be eligible, players must tag @WSOPcom in the post and include username with the #MTTMadness hashtag.