888 Poker NJ is a regulated online poker site in New Jersey.
It shares liquidity across most tables and games with WSOP NJ, including lower limit cash games and sit and gos. The duo also combine to offer $130,000+ in guaranteed tournaments each week.
888 operates under the Bally’s internet gaming license.
Sign up at 888 Poker and get $30 dollars free, no 888 poker promotional code needed!
888 online poker bonus code
|888 online poker bonus code||None needed|
|Bonus description||$30 free + up to $888 bonus on first deposit|
|Launch date||November 21, 2013|
|Available to||New account made by players 21 and over located in the NJ|
888 Poker NJ no deposit bonus
New players who successfully register an account on 888 Poker NJ will receive the following:
- $4 cash credited to the player’s bankroll
- 26 tickets, each with a value of $1, for use in tournaments or sit & go’s
Players can only use these bonuses to play in poker games.
What’s nice about this offer, is that there are no playing requirements associated with the cash portion of the bonus. Also, players will be able to withdraw any winnings from the tournament tickets immediately.
That said, players are advised to use their tickets quickly, as they expire within 14 days.
First deposit and reload bonuses
888 offers first time depositing players a generous 100 percent match up to $888.
The bonus clears at a rate of $10 per 100 points earned. Given that players earn two points per $1 paid in rake and tournament entry fees, that works out to 20 percent rakeback — on top of what they receive from the site’s loyalty program.
Players can cash out any cleared $10 increment of their bonus immediately, and any winnings from the bonus funds can also be cashed out.
Considering the 90 day expiry on bonus funds, that’s a good thing, as recreational players who make a full $888 deposit might have a tough time raking the $4,440 necessary to clear the entire bonus.
888 Poker NJ does not offer many reload bonuses — although it’s partner WSOP NJ does.
More about 888’s online poker room
Players should note that 888 Poker does not share liquidity with the international site of the same name, nor does it share traffic with 888 Poker branded sites in Delaware.
It does however, share liquidity with WSOP NJ across a variety of cash games and tournaments. Not to mention, 888 uses its same proprietary Dragonfish platform in New Jersey that it does across the Atlantic.
Due to a lack of brand recognition in the US, 888 Poker struggled when it first launched in the New Jersey market in late 2013.
That all changed when it entered into a compact with sister site WSOP NJ (which also uses 888’s platform) in January 2015. In the months that followed, the new network grabbed the market’s cash game traffic lead.
Even the entry of PokerStars in March 2016 couldn’t grind the WSOP/888 train to a halt, as the network still manages to capture significant cash game market share — sometimes more than Stars.
How much traffic? During the seasonal uptick, cash game volume averages around 140 concurrent players, spiraling down to about 125 when the weather warms, and ticking up once again when WSOP NJ beefs up its promotional schedule ahead of the live Series in Las Vegas.
WSOP/888 also boasts a fair amount of tournaments, highlighted by its $100,000+ Weekend Warriors schedule, in addition to a number of nightly majors. Most of the major tournaments are either re-entries or feature rebuys & add-ons, but 888 does offer a number of exclusive freezeouts at the smaller stakes.
New players receive $30 free and up to $888 on their initial deposit, in additional to freeroll access.
How does 888 Poker NJ stand out from the competition?
If it didn’t share liquidity with WSOP NJ, 888 wouldn’t have all that much to offer NJ players, as standalone site traffic is on the low side. Fortunately, the reality of the situation is much rosier.
Traffic on 888 is now solid enough to support a wide variety of cash games and high profile tournaments, with guarantees running as high as $50,000 for its biggest Sunday major (The Ultimate Warrior).
In addition, 888 outperforms its sister site WSOP NJ in a few key areas.
For one, rakeback grinders will favor 888, because it’s relatively easy for the full-time player to receive 20, or even 35 percent, of their paid rake and tournament entry fees back as cash.
There’s also more for low rollers, who will enjoy the site’s many low buy-in freezeout tournaments. What’s nice here is that all of these tournaments feature guarantees, including low buy-in midday MTTs.
Granted, these players won’t be playing for mammoth prizes pools, but for a $1 – $3 entry, a $200 guarantee is nothing to scoff at.
Who should play on 888 Poker NJ?
888 is beginner friendly, offering a wide variety of low stakes cash games. Fields tend toward the softer side relative to other NJ online poker sites.
There are myriad low stakes tournaments to choose from as well, some of which are freezeouts. This stands in some contrast to sister site WSOP, where the majority of guaranteed tournaments are either re-entries or adhere to the rebuy & add-on format.
Part-time grinders that only have time to play at night and on weekends will have a good selection of higher profile tournaments to choose from, with nightly majors featuring guarantees ranging from $750 to $10,000, and weekend events guaranteeing as much as $50,000.
For pros, 888’s loyalty program may prove a selling point, but they may get somewhat frustrated by the inconsistency in which mid-to-high stakes cash games run.
Sit & Go players too might find that their time is best spent elsewhere, as not many games of this format run during the day, and 888 does not support a monthly SNG leaderboard.
Three things to like about 888’s online poker site
- Loyalty program: At 888 Poker, players begin earning rakeback from the moment they play their first real-money cash game hand. And players only have to rake $100 a month in order to receive 10 percent rakeback, as cash. Earning the site’s top monthly tier (Platinum) will take some effort, but for serious players, the 35 percent rakeback they’ll receive will be well worth the trip.
- First-time deposit bonus: Compared to other NJ online poker sites the monetary cap of 888’s first-time deposit bonus is higher. We do wish it cleared at a faster rate, but there’s no denying the overall value of this promotion.
- Easy games: There tends to be more recreational players on 888 relative to other sites. It’s apparent that many low stakes cash game and tournament grinders have little experience playing for real money, and are just there to gamble. Even the moderately seasoned player should be able to take advantage of this on route to turning a handsome profit.
Three areas where 888 Poker could do better
- Promotions: Or should we say the lack thereof. The fact is that after an aggressive launch, 888 has pared down its promotional schedule considerably. Currently, there just isn’t much to speak of. And when 888 does run a promotion, it runs exactly one at a time. That being said, its one-off events do tend to be quite lucrative, especially for players looking to build a modest bankroll.
- Diversity: 888’s cash game lobby is heavily weighted toward lower stakes games. $1/$2 and higher games run occasionally, but they’re not as prevalent as on other sites. Not to mention, the overwhelming majority of hands are decided over No Limit Hold’em. PLO games do run, but finding one can be a crapshoot. 888 does feature Stud, Omaha Hi/Lo, and Fixed Limit lobbies, but not only are they vacant, but they don’t even appear to be operational.
- Events: Of all NJ online poker sites, 888 is the only one that doesn’t run tournament series’. This is rather frustrating, as PokerStars tends to run a series at least once a quarter, and even WSOP NJ runs a variety of low-to-mid sized tournament events.
Games available at 888 Poker NJ
888 Poker NJ offers:
- No Limit Texas Hold’em
- Pot Limit Omaha
All Omaha games are 6-max. Hold’em games are either 6-max or full ring, although the full ring games only run at lower stakes.
Available stakes range from $0.01/$0.02 through $10/$20. The most popular stake appears to be $0.25/$0.50, with stakes near that blind level nearly as popular.
There are lobbies for other cash game formats, but they do not appear operational at this time. We doubt that this will change as the NJ market really isn’t big enough to support too many alternative formats.
Sit & Go tournaments
Sit & go’s are only available in No Limit Texas Hold’em and Pot Limit Omaha. 6-max, full ring and heads-up games are available. Speeds include turbo, super turbo and standard.
Table stakes run the gamut from $0.11 – $250, although the games that run are typically on the lower end of that range.
Sit & go players are best off playing during the prime time hours of 7 p.m. – 1 a.m. local time, as that’s when the most games are running. But in reality, they might be best off taking their action to WSOP NJ, as not only does that site share partial sit & go liquidity with 888, it also offers a monthly SNG leaderboard promotion.
888 Poker NJ multi-table tournaments
Unlike most sites, 888 Poker NJ offers near round the clock tournament action. The only times MTTs do not run are after 1:00 a.m. and before 4:00 a.m. Granted, the tournaments that run during off-peak hours don’t exactly sport huge prize pools, but at least they’re guarantees.
During prime time, 888 supports a solid major schedule. On weekdays, nightly majors feature buy-ins ranging from $10 to $100 and guarantees that run up as high as $10,000. Nightly majors start at 7 p.m. and the last one kicks off at midnight.
The weekend schedule is even more impressive, featuring no less than 10 Warrior-branded tournaments, that combined, guarantee up to $140,000. Buy-ins for these events tend toward the larger side, ranging from $50 to $500. All of these tournaments permit re-entries.
888 Poker platforms
888 offers Windows and Mac platforms to New Jersey players.
888 VIP program
888 offers a generous VIP program.
All VIP payments are paid in straight cash. It may be claimed in the 888 poker platform. The rates are determined by the amount of rake paid in a month.
Players carry over this status into the next month:
- Blue: 0 – 5 percent rakeback
- Iron: 50 – 8 percent rakeback
- Bronze: 200 – 10 percent rakeback
- Silver: 3,000 – 15 percent rakeback
- Gold: 6,000 – 20 percent rakeback
- Platinum: 20,000 – 35 percent rakeback
Note that players won’t have to play that much to achieve at least 10 percent rakeback, although getting to the higher tiers may prove a challenge.
How to earn Status Points on 888 Poker NJ
Points are awarded at a clip of two points per $1 paid in rake and tournament entry fees, meaning that in order to achieve Silver status, players will need to generate $1,500 for the site.
Platinum players will need to rake $10,000 — a challenge indeed, but that benchmark is still lower than what’s required on some other sites.
Cashiering at 888 Poker NJ
Players may deposit cash at the Bally’s casino cage.
Visa and MasterCard are also accepted. Although.credit card transactions incur a cash advance fee and Visa has a low rate of acceptance at all New Jersey online poker sites and casinos.
That said, players who have trouble with credit or debit cards may try to use them to deposit at Neteller.
Other, more recommended methods of making a deposit include:
- Bank transfer (ACH): High approval rating, immediate turnaround
- Online banking transfers: Must have a Bill Pay enabled banking account
- PayPal: The popular third-party processor now accepts payments on NJ regulated online gambling sites
- PayNearMe: Pay cash at eligible 7-Eleven for use on 888 Poker NJ; good for those without a bank account
888 players may withdraw cash at the Bally’s casino cage in Atlantic City. 888 will also send an electronic check to a player’s bank account or mail a check. Checks by mail do take longer than other methods, roughly 7 – 10 business days.
A debit card is also provided by Neteller that may be used at ATM machines or retailers that accept Discover.
Finally, if players use PayPal for deposits, they can withdraw via the same method.
Players may be asked to provide proof of their banking account before being allowed to withdraw. This is a safeguard designed to protect them from fraud.
Typically, the verification process will task players with uploading a scan of their valid ID (such as a driver’s license), a banking statement, or utility bill to the site.
888 Poker NJ Quick Review
Traffic - 85
Depth of Game Selection - 86
Software - 88
Customer Support - 85
Promotional Value - 94
Traffic on 888 Poker NJ gets a huge boost from a liquidity sharing pact with WSOP.com. Now, players have a wide array of cash games, tournaments, and freerolls to choose from. The interface is a little antiquated, and we do wish there were more cash game formats, but these are minor quibbles. The high monetary cap of 888's first-time deposit bonus is just icing on the cake.