WSOP.com has teamed up with Solve for Why to create an interesting new multi-phase promotion dubbed Tricks of the Trade.
The promotion is limited to invited players only. Per WSOP.com:
“This three-phased promotion will offer players an unparalleled poker training experience that cannot be found anywhere else in the poker community. From access to the top pros in the field to personalized coaching and fundamental strategy building, this one-of-a-kind offer is too good to miss.”
What is Solve for Why?
Solve for Why is an innovative poker training company created by Christian Soto, Matt Berkey, and Jordan Young. Solve for Why differs from other poker training sites in that it teaches live poker strategy at live academy’s.
According to the company’s About Us page:
“Solve for Why is a next generation poker training academy that offers more effective poker training to players than traditional training sites.”
[i15-table tableid=20717][i15-table tableid=19346]
Leaderboard and sweepstakes winners
The promotion begins with a leaderboard challenge and sweepstakes drawings. It will send nine WSOP NV players to an exclusive Solve for Why poker training academy on April 22.
Players invited to compete in the Tricks of the Trade promotion will be assigned to one of three “teams.” During your team’s week (see the chart below), you’ll be able to compete for the leaderboard title, and one of the coveted nine spots to the the Solve for Why academy.
|WEEK 1: FEBRUARY 12-18
|WEEK 2: FEBRUARY 19-25
|WEEK 3: FEBRUARY 26- MARCH 4
|WEEK 4: MARCH 5-11
|WEEK 5: MARCH 12-18
|WEEK 6: MARCH 19-25
|WEEK 7: MARCH 26- APRIL 1
|WEEK 8: APRIL 2- 8
|WEEK 9: APRIL 9-15
You don’t have to be a high-volume player to win a seat to the Solve for Why academy.
In addition to the leaderboard winners, WSOP.com is sending three sweepstakes winners to the academy. You only need to earn ten APP’s at WSOP.com to receive an entry to the sweepstakes drawing.
However, it’s possible to earn multiple entries; here’s how:
- For every ten APPs you earn during your team’s leaderboard rotation in Phase 1, you earn one entry for the upcoming drawing.
- For every ten APPs you earn when it is not your team’s leaderboard rotation in Phase 1, you earn two entries for the upcoming drawing.
- After the drawing has been made, your entries reset, so make sure you keep playing.
The top 50 players on each leaderboard will also receive an exclusive reload bonus. All invited Tricks of the Trade players will receive an introductory 100 percent up to $500 reload offer via email.
On April 22, the nine winning players will take part in the one-day Solve for Why poker training academy. That has been designed specifically for WSOP.com players. Berkey and his team usually focus on live, $5/$10 players, but they’ve created this special academy for lower stakes WSOP.com players.
At the academy, players will experience:
- Personalized fundamental strategy building from the ground up.
- Access to some of the top poker pros in both the online and live poker communities, including one-on-one and group instruction.
- Recorded footage of the academy’s game play, including hole cards (they use RFID cards and tables) and individualized commentary from the coaches.
Once they’ve received their training from the Solve for Why team, the nine players will then take part in a nine-week leaderboard competition with an exclusive prize-package up for grabs.
During this nine-week period, each player will receive a 20 percent rakeback deal, while they compete against one another on a special leaderboard at WSOP.com. The player who outperforms the other eight competitors during this period will walk away with a winner’s prize-package that includes:
- Entry to Event #71: $1,000 Online Bracelet at the 2017 World Series of Poker in Las Vegas, Nevada;
- Official WSOP.com Swag; and
- One-on-One coaching package with a Solve for Why Coach of your choice.