Poker players around the world are finding some extra time on their hands after numerous tournaments have been cancelled and casinos shut down. Those in self-quarantine may now be looking to play some cards online.
With the news of continued tournament postponements and casino closings, online operators have moved to fill the gaps. Players around the world will be looking to open a mobile device or laptop for some poker.
Here’s a complete guide on what to expect in the coming days. USPoker will continue to update this guide as more events and promotions are announced.
Where can you play online poker?
While American online players still have somewhat limited options, there are four states currently offering legalized online poker.
The markets are still small in comparison to large international platforms. However, there have been some positive signs of growth in recent months. Here’s a look at what to expect and where to play.
Players in New Jersey have a few options when it comes to online poker. Here are the options in the state:
- PokerStars NJ – The largest online poker operator in the state offers plenty of cash game and tournament action. New players depositing $20 receive $30 in free cash and $10 worth of Spin & Go tickets.
- partypoker/BorgataPoker – Partypoker is one of the best-known online brands around the world. That includes popular major online and live tournament events. New partypoker players get a $25 bonus via $10 in poker money, $10 in casino chips, and $5 in poker tournament tickets. Those using the BorgataPoker skin can earn $10 in cash with a $10 bonus.
- WSOP.com/888poker – Players on the World Series of Poker-affiliated site have the option of a shared liquidity pool with Nevada and Delaware. Players can qualify for WSOP events in Las Vegas and circuit tournaments. The site is run on software by 888poker, which also operates in the state. WSOP offers new players a $10 bonus. 888poker offers $20 in free play and up to a $1,500 deposit bonus.
When it comes to playing in the state that’s home to the World Series of Poker, players have one option in Nevada. WSOP.com offers players plenty of cash game and tournament action with a shared liquidity market with WSOP and 888poker in New Jersey and Delaware.
So far only one operator has gone live with online poker in Pennsylvania. PokerStars PA has proven popular since launching in November. The site also partners with FOX Bet in the state for sports betting. Claim a $30 free play bonus (with $20 deposit) and up to $600 match bonus via the Play Now link below:
It may be small, but Delaware does offer some online poker opportunities. The sites offering poker include: Doverdowns.com; Delawarepark.com; and Harringtonraceway.com. All online poker in the state, however, is run through 888poker. The platform has a shared liquidity market with New Jersey and Nevada.
Those in other states have more limited options when it comes to online poker. Sweepstakes poker sites offer players a chance to play for cash and prizes.
As a bonus, players receive Sweeps Coins – which can be used in tournaments and ring games. Unlike Gold Coins, Sweeps Coins can be redeemed for cash prizes. New players can earn a $20 Bonus Sweeps Coin package with a verified account.
Online operators launch tournament series after Coronavirus pandemic
Numerous major tournament events have now canceled or postponed. Several major online operators have quickly put together poker festivals and events for players.
Here’s a look at some of those events and series. These are all available to American players.
Players earn shot at WSOP Circuit gold rings
After postponing and canceling several events, WSOP.com hopes to fill some of that live poker void. The website recently announced its Online Super Series – offering 18 WSOP Circuit rings awarded in 18 days. That includes a total of $1 million guaranteed.
The series is highlighted by a $525 Main Event with $200,000 guaranteed.
Players in New Jersey, Nevada, and Delaware can get in on the action via WSOP.com and 888poker from March 14-31. Here’s the complete schedule.
|Mar. 30||4 PM||17||$300||NLH||Knockout||--||$30,000|
|Mar. 31||4 PM||18||$1,000||NLH||Grand Finale HR||2x||$75,000|
WSOP.com adds to daily schedule
Players in Nevada and New Jersey received some welcome news March 17. WSOP.com added to its daily tournament schedule to meet player demand.
|Daily||1 p.m.||$215||8-max Deepstack NLHE||$10,000|
|Daily||8 p.m.||$30||Turbo Deepstack NLHE||$10,000|
|Thursday||8:30 p.m.||$1,000||Turbo NLHE||$20,000|
PokerStars PA and NJ
SCOOP Series coming soon
PokerStars was moving to launch the Spring Championship of Online Poker (SCOOP) soon. No dates have been finalized yet, but the series is expected to start April 4 in New Jersey and Pennsylvania – pending regulatory approval.
This will be the first SCOOP in Pennsylvania and feature a $2 million guarantee. The New Jersey version is expected to comes with a $1.2 million guarantee. That’s an increase of $200,000 from last year.
A complete schedule of bth events will be added here once it’s available.
For a complete PokerStars NJ review including an exclusive $30 in free play and a new player bonus up to $600, click here. Pennsylvania players can click the link above this section for a bonus to use at FOX Bet and PokerStars.
New nightly tournaments offer $25,000 guarantee
BorgataPoker in New Jersey this week announced the launch of a new nightly $25,000 Guaranteed Phased Tournament. Players can enter an unlimited number of Day 1 flights and then play their best stack on Day 2.
The buy-in is $55 for a 10,000-chip starting stack with 10-minute levels. Starting flights are played every Monday through Friday at 6 p.m. with late registration until Level 17. Day 2 plays out on Saturdays at 6 p.m.
For a complete BorgataPoker review including an exclusive $20 new player signup bonus and up to a $600 deposit bonus, click here.
More Sunday Saturday action highlights Global Poker weekends
While no tournament series has been announced yet, Global recently introduced a beefed-up weekend schedule. The new SC22 Sunday Spotzz tournaments have become so popular that Global has upped the guarantee.
Global announced last week there will be a SC15,000 guarantee in the deepstack events. These tournaments run every Sunday at 4:15 p.m. ET with a 60-minute late registration period. Here’s a look at the satellite schedule:
- SC2.20 (Turbo), 3:05 p.m. ET – 10 seats guaranteed
- SC5.50 (Turbo), 3:20 p.m. ET – 8 seats guaranteed
- SC2.20 (Hyper Turbo), 4:10 p.m. ET – 8 seats guaranteed
The social poker site also recently added to its Saturday schedule of events. That includes two more deepstack events to join the weekly Swish tournament.
Saturday events have a 60-minute late registration period. Here’s a look at the three Saturday majors:
- SC11 Saturday Slam (Deepstack), 3 p.m. ET – SC3,000 guaranteed
- SC22 Saturday Slash (Deepstack), 4:15 p.m. ET – SC6,000 guaranteed
- SC55 Saturday Swish (Deepstack), 5:30 p.m. ET – SC12,000 guaranteed
Multiple satellites will be run earlier in the day each Saturday for players to win a seat. Satellites run for as low as SC 2.20 and here’s the schedule:
- SC2.20 (Turbo), 2:20 p.m. ET – 12 seats guaranteed
- SC3.21 (Hyper Turbo), 2:50 p.m. ET – 10 seats guaranteed
- SC3.30 (Turbo), 3:20 p.m. ET – 8 seats guaranteed
- SC5.30 (Hyper Turbo), 4:05 p.m. ET – 10 seats guaranteed
For a complete Global Poker review including an exclusive new player bonus up to $1,000, click here.
The sweepstakes poker site of the WPT offers players a chance to play for $100,000 in cash and prizes each month. Players simply pay a monthly fee for a chance to win with this sweepstakes poker model.
The site even allows players to qualify for live WPT events. The tour made some news in 2020 by offering a $1 million bonus for any player who qualifies and then wins that same event.
WPT talent like Vince Van Patten, Tony Dunst, Lynn Gilmartin, and Matt Savage also play on the site. Here’s a look at some upcoming events:
- $5,000 New Member Freeroll (May 16) – This event is open to any active VIP member who signed up between March 13 and Apr 30. There is no buy-in or any tournament points required for entry.
- $5,000 Cash Giveaway (March 22) – This tournament is open to all VIP players for 2,000 tournament points. Satellite events are also available.
- $3,000 Saturday Freeroll (March 28) – This event is open to all members and no tournament points are required.
*** Those playing online poker outside the US can find a complete list of online poker sites and events by clicking here. ***