American poker players who don’t live in a state with regulated online poker can play online for free or real money with Global Poker. Global Poker offers an easy-to-access lobby and gameplay.
Global Poker bonus offer
New players signing up for an account at Global Poker are treated to the following welcome bonus:
- Get a $40 Gold Coin Package, including 200,000 Gold Coins and Bonus 40 Sweeps Coins for just $20 on your First Purchase!
- Plus get a $20 Gold Coin Package absolutely FREE once you verify your account!
Global Poker Software and App
Global Poker uses its own custom-made poker software, which incorporates its patented sweepstakes technology. The site does not have an iOS or Android app, but it really doesn’t need one, since its entire operation is browser-based.
Available games at Global Poker
Global Poker offers four different varieties of games to its players. They are:
- No-limit hold’em
- Fixed-limit hold’em
- Pot-limit Omaha
- No-limit Crazy Pineapple
Beyond the games offered, Global Poker caters to players of every bankroll. That includes $weeps Coins games starting at buy-ins of SC$1 and going up to SC$1000.
Tournaments are also fun with plenty of SC$0.50+5 sit and go’s available. These limits go all the way up to SC$50+5.
The daily tournaments offer plenty of buy-in levels and a chance at some really nice $weeps Coins returns on investment. The site also offers plenty of daily freeroll action for those who spend some time playing ring game hands, either in $weeps Coins or Gold Coins.
Global Poker Jackpot Sit’n’Gos
Global Poker recently implemented jackpot sit’n’gos (JPs). These fast-paced tournaments allow players to take a shot at a big payday in very little time.
JPs are three-person tournaments with scant 3-minute blind levels. The three players compete in a winner-take-all match for a random prizepool.
Prizepools are determined just prior to the beginning of the game. They are multiples of the players’ buy-ins, ranging from 2x to 2000x.
The 2000x level is also called the jackpot level. This highest payout is the only JP that pays each player something – the winner receives 75 percent, the runner-up 15 percent, and the third-place finisher 10 percent.
Of course, the probability of playing at the jackpot level is much rarer than playing at lower limits. Only 2 out of every 100,000 JPs will proceed at this tier.
Still, players now have the ability to win thousands of dollars in less than ten minutes.
Global Poker Advantages
- Global Poker is available to those in the U.S.
- A robust social currency (Gold Coins) allows players to work on their games.
- The browser-based site is quite easy to use.
- The tournament, ring game lobbies, and game play work very fluidly.
- The tournament lobby has everything players have come to expect – statistics, number of players left, average chip stacks, payouts, etc. It’s all listed in an easy to follow format.
- It’s just fun. The avatars are cool and offer several options. The table and backgrounds are bright and can be changed to one of several options – from “casino” view to the set of a high-stakes “TV table.”
- Purchasing Gold Coins (and $weeps Coins) is simple.
Global Poker Disadvantages
- The time clock moves fairly quickly, so pay attention and be prepared.
- The chat and hand review boxes could also be larger and better laid out. However, the play on the felt in general is fun and easy.
Global Poker Online Casino Review
Global Poker Quick Review
Depth of Game Selection
Global Poker offers players entry into its unique online poker sweepstakes model that can be funded through WorldPay, making it easy to play online poker for cash prizes at Global Poker.
What type of tournaments are offered at Global?
In March 2020, the popular site added significantly to its weekly tournament schedule. After beefing up its weekend schedule, Global also added several evening events. These events include some nice five-figure guarantees and include:
- Monday Melee – SC15,000 Guaranteed [2X Entries]
- Tuesday Tussle – SC25,000 Guaranteed [Deep]
- Wednesday Wipeout – SC15,000 Guaranteed [Big Ante]
- Thursday Throttle – SC15,000 Guaranteed [Turbo]
- Friday Flash – SC15,000 Guaranteed [6-Max, Turbo]
- Saturday Swift – SC15,000 Guaranteed [Ante Up, Turbo]
- Sunday Six – SC15,000 Guaranteed [6-Max, Deep]
The site has ramped up its daily offerings including its new “NightCap” series for night time players. Here’s a look at the complete slate of new dailies:
|Deep Eleven SC6,000 Guaranteed [Deep]||SC11||6 p.m.|
|Deep Six Dive SC8,500 Guaranteed [6-Max, Deep]||SC55||6:45 p.m.|
|The Brawl SC15,000 Guaranteed [Rebuy]||SC5.50||8:00 p.m.|
|Triple Threat SC20,000 Guaranteed [2R1A]||SC33||8:30 p.m.|
|Deep Freeze SC10,000 Guaranteed [Deep]||SC55||10 p.m.|
|The Cubed SC5,000 Guaranteed [1R1A]||SC11||11 p.m.|
|NightCap SC3,000 Guaranteed [Hyper-Turbo]||SC21.40||Midnight|
|Night Shift SC2,000 Guaranteed [Big Ante, Turbo]||SC22||12:30 p.m.|
|Night Owl SC2,000 Guaranteed [6-Max, Hyper-Turbo]||SC21.40||1 a.m.|
|Night Out SC1,500 Guaranteed [Hyper-Turbo]||SC21.40||1:30 a.m.|
Banking at Global Poker
Currently, Global Poker accepts a wide variety of purchase and redemption options. At this point, players can use Visa or Mastercard through Worldpay to purchase Gold Coins and be awarded $weeps Coins. They can now use Skrill, Rapid Transfer, and ACH E-check transfers.
Money will arrive straight to your player’s account once you provide details. Cashing out also requires players to provide photo identification and proof of address. Players can cash out for money to their account or choose among gift cards to outlets like Amazon, Wal-Mart, Best Buy, and numerous others.
Global Poker player rewards and promotions
- New players get Free $20 Gold Coin Package with a verified account.
- New players get a $40 Gold Coin Package for $20 on purchase.
- Freeroll tournaments and promotional leaderboards offering players the chance to earn extra Gold Coins.
- There are also opportunities to purchase different avatars.
- Major tournament series also offer some added rewards – trophies, swag gear bags, and even opportunities to play in major live tournament events.
Frequently asked questions about Global Poker
How does the Global Poker sweepstakes model work?
Global Poker sells a virtual currency called Gold Coins. These are virtual chips which players can accumulate and play with. However, they are not redeemable for money.
When a player purchases Gold Coins on the site, they are given bonus sweepstakes prizes in the form of $weeps Coins. The $weeps Coins can be used to enter $weeps Coins tournaments and ring games on the site. Any $weeps Coins accumulated or won can be cashed out through WorldPay as cash.
What sets Global Poker apart from the competition?
Outside of New Jersey, Nevada, and Delaware, online poker sites that welcome US poker players are few and far between. Those that do are offshore sites that are, at best, operating in a grey area. Players may find it difficult to get money on and off these sites and there are no guarantees their accounts will remain accessible and their money safe.
In contrast, Global Poker works with WorldPay, one of the most trusted and easily accessible online money transfer sites in the world. Ultimately, Global Poker’s ability to offer US customers online poker with a recognizable and easily accessible banking option sets it apart from its otherwise shady competition.
How long does it take to cash out on Global Poker?
Global Poker requires ID verification when a player requests their first cash out to make sure the money ends up in the right hands. Once documents are sent in, the site endeavors to verify them as soon as possible. Global Poker says the cashout process depends on whether or not the correct form of identification has been sent through. However, it normally it takes about five days for verification and an additional five days for the funds to be processed to your bank account via WorldPay.
Documents that can be used for ID verification include:
- Driver’s license
- National/State ID
- Other government issued ID
Documents that can be used for proof of address include:
- Utility Bill
- Notarized lease agreement
- Bank statements
- Medical insurance
What’s the rake?
Many players may be curious about the rake for playing at the site. The $weeps Coins ring games feature a 5 percent rake. However, there are caps in place depending on the numbers of players.