The agenda for an upcoming California online poker hearing promises plenty of clash between the competing visions for regulated iPoker in the Golden State.
The hearing will take place on Wednesday June 24 at 1:30 PST.
Coinciding with the hearing: the launch of a new ad campaign from PokerStars and their California partners that seeks to drum up general support for online poker regulation.
Copy of full agenda
“The Legality of Internet Poker – How Prepared Is California to Regulate It?”
Opening Remarks: Chairman Adam Gray
Background: How did Internet gaming evolve and what might the future hold from a legal, regulatory, economic, and operational standpoint?
- Anita Lee, Senior Fiscal & Policy Analyst, Legislative Analyst’s Office
- Stephen M. Hart, J.D., Partner, Lewis Roca Rothgerber LLP
- Chris Krafcik, Research Director North America, GamblingCompliance
Regulated Online Gaming: What can legislators, regulators and operators expect given the experience in legal markets to date and the related practices to effectively implement and regulate iPoker.
- Michael J. Pollock, Managing Director, Spectrum Gaming Group
- Anna Sainsbury, Chief Executive Officer, GeoComply
- Craig Abrahams, Chief Financial Officer, Caesars Interactive Entertainment
Enforcement and Regulation: What would be needed from a regulatory standpoint to implement and regulate iPoker in California?
- Richard Schuetz, Member, California Gambling Control Commission
- Anna Carr, Deputy Director Legislation & Regulatory Affairs Division, California Gambling Control Commission
- Stacey Luna Baxter, Assistant Bureau Chief, Bureau of Gambling Control, Department of Justice
- Nathan DaValle, Assistant Bureau Chief, Bureau of Gambling Control, Department of Justice
Suitability Standards for Licensure: What suitability standards should be considered in an iPoker framework bill to deem a licensee eligible for licensure?
- Jeff L. Grubbe, Chairman, Agua Caliente Band of Cahuilla Indians
- Leland Kinter, Chairman, Yocha Dehe Wintun Nation
- David Fried, Chief Counsel, California Grand Casino
- Lynn “Nay” Valbuena, Chairwoman, San Manuel Band of Mission Indians
- Eric Hollreiser, Head of Corporate Communications, Amaya Inc.
- Keith Sharp, General Counsel to Hawaiian Gardens Casino and iPoker Counsel to Commerce Casino and Bicycle Casino
Horse Racing’s Eligibility: Should California’s Horse Racing Industry be included as an eligible licensee in an iPoker framework bill?
- Keith Brackpool, West Coast Chairman, Stronach Group
- Bob Baffert, Thoroughbred Trainer, Board of Directors, Thoroughbred Owners of California
- Mike Pegram, Board Chairman, Thoroughbred Owners of California
- Mark Macarro, Chairman, Pechanga Band of Luisefio Indians
Consumer Perspective: Should California authorize and regulate online poker?
- John Pappas, Executive Director, Poker Players Alliance
- Robert Uithoven, Board Member, Coalition to Stop Internet Gambling